A legend tells,that the catholic parish has been founded by the Polish king Casimir the Great. After that, in the 20-th years of the XV century, was built a stone church of Birth of Divine Virgin Maria. Its long and complicated history has experienced fires, sieges and reconstructions. For example, a horrible conflagration in 1640 destroyed a half of the city including the church. The shrine was restored through the donations of the parishioners. That's when the tower was added to its facade. 1722 bringas a new big fire, which sacrifices the tower and bells to itself, but thanks to the efforts of the pastor Francisk Rogachevsky the temple has been rrestored again. Even under the soviet authority when the repressions on the religious basis took place and thousands of churches has been destroyed, the temple countinued working. And now it's one of the most beautiful churches of Stryi.
Ukraine, Stryi, Lvivska, Ñhurch, City, Street, Panorama